Thursday, November 10, 2016

Mint Chutney | How to make Mint Chutney









I have a list of kitchen preparations which I usually do once in a week. Most of the time it is just after I have arrived back from my weekly grocery shopping. Sorting out things and storing them in the right place makes cooking as well as my life much easier and stress free.

One such preparation I always like to do is to prepare and store is a 'multi purpose' mint chutney in my refrigerator. Mint chutney is a quick fix for making a snack or a quick simple sandwich.

Ingredients: 

(grind together)

  • 1 tsp grated garlic
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
  • 2 green chilies
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice Or 1 tsp tamarind pulp
  • Salt
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 1 cup mint leaves or little more
  • 1 cup green coriander or little more
  • 1 slice of bread soaked in water or 1 tbsp roasted chana dal
Store this chutney in a dry glass container up to 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator. You can also pour into the ice tray cubes and freeze.

*Updated this post (1/2 tsp cumin powder) - 14/11/2016

Also try my other chutney recipes on blog





No comments:

Post a Comment